Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

Sign in to follow this  
      Followers 0
      =TS=Sprotty73

Razor Ripsaw Game Capture Card

Question

Posted (edited)

The Razor Ripsaw Capture card is very good capture card.  Only it is not the easiest to setup and to get running.  It has a lot to offer and is very easy to use once it is setup and running.  You can run this in different modes and settings.  You can use it with either the Razor Cortex software or OBS or xsplit.  I have used both the Razor Cortex and the OBS.  Razor cortex has a lot to offer but is still limited to features and what you can actually do with it.  On the other hand OBS allows you to offer more and with more flexibility of the hardware in a way of settings and recordings and streaming.  The main thing with the hardware is that when you are recording, your lag is very minimal while you are gaming.  I don't even notice it.  But when you want to show and record webpages it has a lag issue there. The gaming side has a better minimal lag to it's predecessor like the Elgato and the Avermdia which have a issue of major lag in a lot of areas and this is something you don't want while gaming.  The Razor Ripsaw Capture Card also has a rubber under neath to allow it to grip  on to most surfaces.

The Ripsaw is small and very stylish and lets know you when your going to be recording and your not recording which helps.  It has a HDMI in and out and is powered via a usb 3.0 in which I had to in vest in to a PCI-e USB 3.0 card  in which i use the Orica card. Then there is  the Audio jacks at the front for you to use for recording of audio and microphone.  

I am running this card through another system which has been designed and setup for game and video capture.  Only now I am trying sort of cheat the system for getting the audio to swing both ways.  For this I am using a progam called Viocemeteer Banana along with Virtual Audio cable. This will have to do untill I can get a proper usb Mixer.  This program has worked in the pass but is not the most easiest to setup.  

The quality of the Razor Ripsaw Game Capture card is very high quality and allows you to change the setting of you screens resolution and the refresh rate. But the refresh rate is maxed out to 60Hz (60FPS).   This is higher than alot of others which are on the market today which will only offer a max of 30FPS tops.

The price of the card is a little steep at $178 Australian dollars,  and the Orica 3.0 Usb card is about $38 Australian Dollars.  But in the box of the Razor Ripsaw you all the cables you need to get this up and running.  It will even connect to a xbox or even a playstation allowing you to stream to twitch or youtube.   

The conclusion is This is a very good capture card over all and on the Curve Meter I give it a 8.5 out of 10.  The reason I give it this score is because it is not easy to setup  and to get running at first.  But I like the fact that is is slim and it is and it has everything you need to get you up and running.  Also the low latacy lag helps with the gaming while recording to help improve quality.   The Ripsaw is a good build quality and strong. 

ripsaw_04.png

27858_card053_001.jpg

Edited by =TS=Aliennationz
      spelling
      =TS=Hitman68 likes this

1 answer to this question

Very nice........................................ AND WHERE IS MINE?