Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

=TS=Yeoman

Run Phone/tablet App On A Pc

Question

does anyone know of how to run a phone/tablet app on a PC? tried acouple of emulators but failed. wondered if theres anything else out there that can be used.

2 answers to this question

i have no experience with mobile stuff, but did a quick look around. Most emulators seem to run an outdated OS. Your best chance might be to look for a way to run a specific app on PC. If you are planing on running the Steam mobile app on PC i would advice against it, since your account will be tied to the mobile number. 

Yeoman, did you sort this out yet?

My grandson uses BlueStacks to run Android Apps on his Windows 8.1 PC.  BlueStacks has been around for quite a while, and is probably the most popular; as per pcadvisor.co.uk  -  

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/how-run-android-on-pc-computer-apps-3504642/

The BlueStacks executive, currently called  "BlueStacks2_native", is 320MB, installed by default in  "C:\Program Files (x86)\"  &  "C:\ProgramData\",  and added about 1.5GB to his drive.

Once running, you'll have a BlueStacks window on your desktop (see photos on the page above), in which Apps display.  I've seen it used with Instagram successfully.  But the annoying ads displayed in the lower bar... Ugh!

Here's a "comparison" chart of BlueStacks vs other gaming platforms;  http://www.bluestacks.com/comparison-chart.html

According to that page, the System Specs (requirements) say to allow for 4GB of space.  I have no personal experience with Android or mobile emulators, so...