Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

=TS=Hitman68

Windows 10.......... Or Not ?

Question

My opinion...... Windows 10 is bullshit. I would advise you to think long and hard before getting win 10.

Not only can't you disable updates, ( and believe me you can't. I have tried).
      It will just install them eventually with out you even knowing about it.
      You can only defer updates for up to 8 months, then they will just install anyway.
      The only other thing I could try is to run Linux as a firewall on a separate machine and see if I can stop
      the updates that way.
      Last update for win 10 screwed up my network connection. After some research I found out it is massive
      problem (Bug) in one of their updates.

And if you want to uninstall the updates you can only uninstall the one ones it allows you too.

And that's not to mention everything you do, everywhere you go, every keystroke is information sent directly
      back to Microsoft. Even info on your web-cam gets sent to them. By default when installing win 10
      ALL privacy setting are set to ON or SEND back to Microsoft. You have to manually turn all this off
      when installing, or even after installing. (If you don't want your privacy violated).
      But even then, when win 10 updates it has been known to switch these privacy settings to default again, which is on.

I use a program called "SpyBot Anti-Beacon" at the moment to ensure that these settings aren't changed by win 10
      (which win 10 has been known to do through an update).

Here is a must watch VIDEO on things you may not of known about win 10. (This guy apparently worked for Microsoft).

No wonder they were giving it away. They couldn't sell it.
      I will be most likely going back to win 7. I am Not going to be forced into updating windows 10
      when I don't wish too, or even need too.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy or that I'm even having a b%#!ch,

well, maybe having a little b%#!ch but I think with just cause.

Up to you to decide weather it's worth upgrading to win 10 for free and trading off your privacy for bully tactics from Microsoft.

=TS=WadCutter45 likes this

14 answers to this question

Right, I have just found a free program made just for win 10.

It is meant to disable the updates and defender. So it says.

I will try it out and see how it goes.

It is called "Win update disabler".

i heard microsoft are going to be using windows 10 as a template for there upcoming universal windows programme (UWP) which will allow xbox to be upgradable the same as a pc and this UWP will allow for cross platform gaming on larger scale but big game franchise owners such as call of duty and battlefield are against this as they will end loosing out big time..

i think this UWP was originally for apps that you could get on your phone , you can get on your tablet also pc and anything bigger that is running windows 10...

please correct me if i am wrong about anything..

i have always refused to install windows 10 on my PC as i don't trust it at all, so i instead installed it on the mrs laptop.. dont like the layout. dont like the fact i had to switch everything off. microsoft was just spying on everything. didnt dare install anything or download or even stream anything just incase i get a knock on the door..

this is how far microsoft went through the files. when laptop was running win7 i downloaded a film which ran perfect everytime i watched it. i stored the file on a second harddrive say D drive whilst operating system was on Cdrive.. when i installed windows 10 onto C drive, i switched of most of what i could find that was feeding microsoft information, microsoft had gone into D drive and altered the file which had the film in, i pressed played without knowing they had touched the file and up came a copyright fraud information which overlayed the entire film so i could not watch it.

Yeh Rydon, from what I have seen and heard Microsft can just come in

and over write your settings back to default again.

The fact that they have altered one of your files on another drive is scary.

I think you just made my mind up for me. I.m going back to win7.

one of the recent windows 10 updates erased every custom setting i had causing a load of headaches and problems, the bullshit about it is microsoft said prior to the update ""All settings and files will not be affected"" BULLSHIT I ended up loosing data now it'll take hours/days to get my system back to how i had it.

I like windows 10 but now after this  not to sure

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

Yeah Cross, it has its good points but at what cost to the user. I liked it too, But not that much to keep using it. Have gone back to Win 7 now.

Yeah Cross, it has its good points but at what cost to the user. I liked it too, But not that much to keep using it. Have gone back to Win 7 now.

I'm about to do the same as soon as i get my files organized

Come to find out that upgrade was a whole new version of windows 10 it turned out it was a upgrade.

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

Go here! Read! Use! Enjoy w10!

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Yeh Snotts, I tried this and it seems to work. But it will not stop the unwanted updates. The updates are on a Defer time limit of up to 8 months (depending on your settings).

After this your updates will happen. And it's those updates that may over ride Spybot Anti-Beacon and change your privacy settings again. I have read that

this has happened to others. So SpyBot only works to a certain point. Thats why I just went back to Win 7.

Posted (edited)

NOT!!!

Windows 10 is on my new laptop.  With the updates continuously coming through, I decided to control when I want the updates to install.  It didn't work!   Even though I changed the status, the updates are coming through every day within hours of each other.

Whatever Microsoft did, I'm not able to see my graphic editors the way they were seen like onmy Winxp and Magnetron when using Windows 7.  What's worse, I can't play most games that I normally play on my WinXP and Win7 desktop computers.  Why?  Windows 10 isn't recognizing the games and as a result, I just don't play games anymore especially if I have to go through a computer metamorphosis just to install and play; be it Origin or Steam -- irritating as heck!

If there were some way to get Windows 7 on this laptop I would do it in a heartbeat.

Additionally, I keep having to uninstall a Microsoft Office popup I don't want along with several other advertisements from Microsoft advertising Dashlane and other pieces of ads.  The ONLY reason I'm using Windows 10 on the laptop is because it came with the product.

Ridiculous and irritating!!!

Edited by =TS=MAGNET

NOT!!!

Windows 10 is on my new laptop.  With the updates continuously coming through, I decided to control when I want the updates to install.  It didn't work!   Even though I changed the status, the updates are coming through every day within hours of each other.

Whatever Microsoft did, I'm not able to see my graphic editors the way they were seen like onmy Winxp and Magnetron when using Windows 7.  What's worse, I can't play most games that I normally play on my WinXP and Win7 desktop computers.  Why?  Windows 10 isn't recognizing the games and as a result, I just don't play games anymore especially if I have to go through a computer metamorphosis just to install and play; be it Origin or Steam -- irritating as heck!

If there were some way to get Windows 7 on this laptop I would do it in a heartbeat.

Additionally, I keep having to uninstall a Microsoft Office popup I don't want along with several other advertisements from Microsoft advertising Dashlane and other pieces of ads.  The ONLY reason I'm using Windows 10 on the laptop is because it came with the product.

Ridiculous and irritating!!!

This is why I will never buy an "Off the shelf pc" again. I tried running win 7 on my old HP (that came with win 8) and I had nothing but problems. If you want a new pc, build one your self from scratch. And Avoid laptops. Thats just my opinion.