Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

=TS=Hitman68

New G1 Gaming Build.

Question

Finally getting some of the components together for my next build.

Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake-S 4.0GHz  CPU.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 LGA1151 DDR4 eATX Motherboard.

14 answers to this question

give us a review of the processor bro.. was looking to build a spare with this but not sure as am running the x99 platform with the 960x its a beast but thought of doing one just for the game. machine.

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

Will be sure too let you know Snotts how it goes. Hoping to push it to 4.5 - 4.6 maybe. This is meant to be the bee's knee's for the 1151 sockets.

Depending on the ram will determine how far I can go. I'm going to start with the Corsair 4x4Gb DDR4 Dominator Platinum C16 2800MHz. Running in quad.

See how it goes.

Let you know.

Here is how my new build is going atm. After trying to do some home work on my choice of tower,

I have finally started installing the hardware into the new system. I chose to go with the

Thermaltake W100 tower. For choice of ram I have gone with the New Corsair 32GB DDR4 3466MHz

Vengence Black heat spreader with red LED.

Still have quite a bit work to do but slowly getting there.

=TS=WadCutter45 likes this

Nice going, Hitman!  This looks like a sweet, custom build, complete with case modification.  Looking locally for the same parts, I see you went higher in cost than I've considered going for a gaming build.  Upper level motherboards seem overkill to me, with the exception of SATA connections available.  Hell, I'd settle for a mATX if it had enough fan headers & SATA connections to suit me.

I was never bitten by the "water cooled" bug, since I saw it happen to family members who custom build.  But they are pretty to look at.  And your's has some nice looking twists & turns in there.  Will the coolant glow?

I can't tell from the video, is there enough clearance for RAM under the coolant tube?  What about graphics card length?  Surely, you've checked for these things...

Again, Nice going, keep us posted.  (I thumbed up your video)

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

Well Wadcutter, I had the money at the time to spend, hence why I spent it on Mid end gear.

After installing the tubing I found out you can actually get UV piping. So I'm going to stick

with what I've done and maybe use a Uv liquid. Been told you can get it.

There is enough room to get the ram in and out and enough room for the video card once

I have removed the top plate and fans. It will be liquid cooled any way.

=TS=WadCutter45 likes this

Well stage two of my "No Name" Pc is complete. First water loop of two is up and running. No leaks.

Took a very long time to fill. Slight problem with micro bubbles on inside of glass

reservoir, trying to get rid of slowly but surely. Next to do is the video card

water loop.

Not Long now b4 I fire it up.Just waiting on ram.

No Name Pc

Nearly finished. Sorry for poor quality video.

looking great hitman

=TS=Hitman68 likes this