Sign in to follow this  
=TS=rydon89

Help With Trojans

Question

well today i thought i finally found the missing file i needed to change black ops from a zone german to english,clicked on it, seemed legit, downloaded zip file, then suddenly both browsers went mental and started downloading and installing random programs.. i have ran 4 anti malware and trojan detectors and caught most of them and eliminated them but when i run a new anti software it keeps refinding the same stuff that i believed had been caught and the original file i had downloaded has dissapeared .. need help with this

also ive been infected by www-searching.com.. a well hidden adware.. i and previous software cannot find the root and eliminate this ad, it is install somewhere with the browsers everything i do i just cant get rid of it.. really need help with this please and many thanks

=TS= Rydon89

Community Founder

2 answers to this question

Feel like doing an OS reinstall?  That is the solution that I have had to do for multiple computers, especially if you cannot track down the source of the infection, as there is usually a rootkit buried deep inside some system file.

Not sure what all Anti-malware tools you have tried, but the best of the bunch for me has been Malware Bytes, and the Kaspersky Trojan scanner/removal tools (usually TDSSKiller, but a few of the others have been useful in specific instances).

i use malware as my main and everything else just tracks down everything that malware couldnt pick which ended up with me deleting by hand 148 files hidden deep.. somehow they got past malware  and i ended up with spyhunter4 which showed me where they was hidden and because i didnt want to pay to get them deleted had to do it by hand best 4 hours i have ever spent deleting things out of the registry..

the good news is have finally got rid of every last one but i did struggle to get rid of the adware that got through everything and left no trace but tonight i finally came across a program that caught it in an instant think it was called adwcleaner.. it also caught a couple that i had missed..

so all in all we are squeaky clean.. yippee..

thanks for your input =TS= meisanerd2

=TS=Rydon89

Community Founder