=TS=Crosshair2

Any Thoughts On Windows 10

Question

Seems Microsoft is giving away windows 10, I signed up but am a little reluctant to even install it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

8 answers to this question

Seems Microsoft is giving away windows 10, I signed up but am a little reluctant to even install it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

With the most recent Windows update, that annoying little thing in my taskbar is buggin me to get it. so desperation scream bad.

This is only a upgrade for those that have authentic windows instalations, I'm going to give it a shot. I just hope all my games work ok with it, If not I'll be restoring back to win 7

Hi Foley,

In regards to your concern about going back to Windows 7, if you choose to do so, here is what you need to do:

If you’ve upgraded your PC to Windows 10 — not performed a clean install, but an upgrade — you’ll have an easy option that lets you revert to the last version of Windows in your case Windows 7 !  To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”

You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ option.

Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft may  ask you why you want to go back.

If it’s been over a month — or if you’ve run the Disk cleanup tool and removed the “Previous Windows installations” files or deleted the C:\Windows.old folder by hand — you’ll no longer see this option. Windows 10 appears to automatically remove the old Windows installation files after a month to free up space.

I have installed or done the upgrade to Windows 10. Just a reminder, go find your motherboard drivers ,in my case I went to the Asus website, found mine and there were 4 new drivers for Windows 10. Anyway, download all your drivers to a flash drive,then find your applicable video card driver and save it to your flash drive also. Once you do the upgrade,then install your new drivers.

The only games I play are BFBC2, BF3 and BF4 and I have had no issues whatsoever. I have had no issues in anyway with my computer and or Windows 10. Remember also, you will get a Product Key with Windows 10 so keep that in a safe place. 

My RIG is running slick

B4NDIT

I've been running it since the day it came out on my Surface 2 Pro, and thus far the only issues I have encountered aren't that big of a deal if you are running it on a gaming PC.

Thus far, the only things that have bugged me are:

• The keyboard cover I am using kept it from sleeping, so the battery would die super-quick.  Fixed this with a setting in the device manager.
  • The wifi adapter drivers randomly will not re-load after waking the computer up from sleep.  Haven't yet been able to determine a fix for it, but since Win10 boots really fast, it is a minor annoyance.
  • Certain changes to the tiles in the Start Menu only seem to apply on a reboot.  I can re-arrange the tiles, but adding or removing them doesn't seem to take until after I restart Windows.

I don't have any opinions on it regarding the desktop yet, as I am planning on doing a clean install as the Desktop is getting to the point where I want to do that, and I just haven't had the time yet.  Thus far, though, I haven't seen any reasons to not go from 7 to 10 on it.

I had Windows 10 installed for a few weeks now, Really liking it so far, and had no trouble so far :)

well yes I have had it installed on a spare drive so far so good but hate the fact that its a data gold mine for microsoft and whoevr else can get in through the back door, so below is a link to help keep your privacy private, one fact i dont like is getting all the downloads automatic so if u got 10 pro switch it off.