Sign in to follow this  
=TS=Crosshair2

Amd Vs Nvidia

Question

I recently bought a XFX R9-290X-TDFD Radeon R9 280X Today It died after two weeks :13: I've always been quite happy with AMD and the Catalyst Control Center but I think it's time for a change. I'm replacing the dead XFX Card with  ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970

I'm rejoining the world of Nvidia Gaming

12 answers to this question

I am running the latest Geforce Experience as well, and have never had any issues.

Were you doing anything specific when the BSODs happened, like gaming?  I find it odd that creating a new desktop profile would fix it, although game-specific settings in the nvidia driver for that user profile could possibly cause them...

My BSODs started sometime in May.. I haven't kept track of them, or their causes.  I do know that many were "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".  But not all - and they included driver files, directx files, antivirus files, sometimes no file was listed, sometimes just a STOP error..

On May 15th, I installed the GT Lite Client (GameTracker).  http://www.gametracker.com/downloads/  

After that, I noticed weird things with my Windows 7 and the BSODs started.  I updated the NVIDIA driver on June 10th.

Since the creation of my new user account on June 15th, I've had one BSOD; which happened a few days after (while I was using Media Player Classic).  So for the last 3 1/2 weeks, only one BSOD.

My original user account was created on December 2013. I really need to reinstall Windows 7, but I procrastinate.

Sign in to follow this