=TS=Hitman68

What Would You Do?

Question

Had to exchange my GTX970 for a new card yesterday because it was faulty.

This is what happened.

http://youtu.be/5ZOYkYTVtO4

What would you do if this happened to you?

6 answers to this question

I would call and explain it, they will proly let you keep the card, but if you do not call and explain, you may not have a warranty, that is unless, You can register the warranty on the 980, than Whoot !!!!  Bank makes error in your favor, please collect your upgraded card o.0

that is amazing lol.. i would install it under the impression that it was still the same card lol..

but what would they think if you did take it back.. they didn't notice and you didn't notice at the time of the exchange.. it aint stealing if they gave it to you as a replacement card..

does the serial number on the invoice match up with the serial on the card /box?

that is amazing lol.. i would install it under the impression that it was still the same card lol..

but what would they think if you did take it back.. they didn't notice and you didn't notice at the time of the exchange.. it aint stealing if they gave it to you as a replacement card..

does the serial number on the invoice match up with the serial on the card /box?

Installing it under the impression it was the same card probably wouldn't have worked anyway. I would probably had to install new drivers for the 980 I think.

So I guess acting Dumb in this case wouldn't work. And then there is the warranty issue as well.

If there's a problem with this card and I have to take it back then I can't very well give them a 980 when it's supposed to be a 970.

So I did in-fact call them up and told them of the mistake, only to have the salesman argue with me that I was wrong.

Finally after he had gone and checked the inventory he came back and asked if I could bring the card back as soon as I could.

I mean, who wouldn't want a 980. Ever seen a grown man hug a new GTX980 card like it was his new born child? I should have got a picture. So I took it back and he exchanged it for a New 970.

And after all that,  all he had to say was, " here's your replacement card".................... No Thank you............ nothing. I guess honesty to some people (even when they were wrong) counts for nothing.

Maybe he wanted me to slip him $20 just to say "Thank-You". I guess at the end of the day I know I did the right thing, regardless of his lack of appreciation.

So long as my card works properly..................... I'm happy.  

Ever seen a grown man hug a new GTX980 card like it was his new born child?

in short yes lol..

well i guess you did do the right thing..

in short yes lol..

well i guess you did do the right thing..

Wow, All that to quote from and you pick that..................Really!

Well I guess it was an emotional time for me.

Getting my new replacement card :32 (19):

Seeing its a gtx980 :18:

Realizing its a gtx980 :32:

Falling in love with the gtx980 :32 (12):

Hugging the gtx980 :4:

Thinking what should I do about it :27:

Knowing I have to part with the gtx980 :32 (4):

Parting with the gtx980 :32 (11):

Knowing I did the right thing exchanging it :32 (20):

Like I said, it was pretty emotional for me.