=TS=Workmans_Comp

Servers, Attitudes, Tournament

Question

Part 1.

This might be a touchy subject.... but I am going to bring it up any way. I have noticed a lot lately that some of the people that play BFBC2 are not playing on our servers.

I understand that it is not fun walking around a empty map waiting for 3 other players to join before you can score. It sucks, I do it all the time! The problem that I see is that if our servers stay empty there is not way that we can grow into the clan that a lot of us want.

More people need to be willing to "seed" the server rather than taking the easy road and playing on a different server. If the team is not important enough to you to keep the servers running, then do us all a favor and take a hike.

Part 2.

This whole tournament this is beginning to upset me. Either we are going to do it, or we are not. Lets make a decision and run with it.

Part 3.

Some people in this clan need to stop and think about how they act when playing. No one wants to hear someone b*^%!ng the entire time that they are in the game.

I waited a hour "while seeding a server" for people to populate the game. Someone in this clan came in and caused all but 3 people to leave because of their crappy attitude.

This is why we have "push to talk".. Use it!!!

Ok.. Im done...Nuff Said

WC

13 answers to this question

This whole tournament this is beginning to upset me. Either we are going to do it, or we are not. Lets make a decision and run with it.

We most defenetly have enough people to fill this tournament both members and registered users, today i'm sending out a mass pm to announce this and i expect every able bodied player to be signed up this will be fun and i don't want to hear any excuses. Trust me once we complete one you'll be begging to start another.

Our first tournament failed miserably i won't let it happen again. Let's go sign up and show up.

This might be a touchy subject.... but I am going to bring it up any way. I have noticed a lot lately that some of the people that play BFBC2 are not playing on our servers.

I understand that it is not fun walking around a empty map waiting for 3 other players to join before you can score. It sucks, I do it all the time! The problem that I see is that if our servers stay empty there is not way that we can grow into the clan that a lot of us want.

More people need to be willing to "seed" the server rather than taking the easy road and playing on a different server. If the team is not important enough to you to keep the servers running, then do us all a favor and take a hike.

I can't understand this part, I must have spent as much time trying to seed our servers as i have spent playing on them when they are full, I get more satisfaction knowing that i'm the one that filled it and it's more fun playing on it. I more than anyone hate running around alone but it doesn't take long before someone joins in and before you know it it's full.( at least try ) Even as i type this one of our team members has been playing on someone els's server and probebly will not even try to seed our's, SAD.. Not one single time have i ever played on another server. One more thing, we all have found a public player at one time or another that we have gotten along with or have had a conversation with if you havn't Now is a good time to start. Make friends in this game get them on the site to register and them work on them to apply, it's verry easy if i can do it anyone can. Sometimes i just sit here with command center open and announce to all players to visit us. If all of you spent only a quarter of the time that i do recruting and trying to get people to at least visit the site we'de be huge

Before i could run halfway down the hill players started comming in now i realize it isn't allways this quick but mostly it is, keep the servers full.

May I add my 2cents worth. I know I'm new to bc2 and never played any games that involve competing against real players.

I like the game and I like when you get level headed fair players to compete with.

I was in game with WC a few days ago, and we had 2(two) players in there on the same team ranked @ 50.

And I thought(personally) that one of them at least was running a muck.

I was hiding in the bushes, as I normally do and next thing I new 1(one) of these players just appeared on top of me.... then knifed me.

Didn't even have time to blink.

I find out later from some one else, there may have been some form of cheat in volved called, (teleporting).

And this was not before these 2(two) players were just slaughtering every thing in sight.

After I had left the game, (because it was pointless me being there), WC said that every one else left too.

Then these 2(two) 50 Ranked yobbo's left as well and and killed the server.

So it was up to WC to seed it again. I came back in and after about maybe 5-10 minutes, we got players back in again.

And I tell you what, I enjoyed it very much. Because those high rankers were gone. I had at least half a chance instead of no chance at all.

And last night, Yeoman, Capt_George and I were playing and there was another player, (won't name him but I won't forget him either).

This other player constantly using tanks when instructed not too due to not enough players, and constantly coming up and into the attackers base using the M1 Garand,

George and I couldn't get out of base.

Eventually, he was kicked twice. I told him if he is not going to play fair, then go else where to play.

Its hard enough to try and get ahead in the game as it is, with out having to put up with players like this. And I know........we all have to put up with them, or do we.?

If I had the know how, I would start up a server just for =TS= members only.

At least I know you guys, and girls would play fair.

So to me, it's not about quantity...........it's about the quality.

You may wonder why member's of our own team are playing on other server's. What I described here may be part of the reason. Has any one bothered to ask these player's?

How are we to keep the gaming community playing on our servers when we can't seem to keep our own team members on our servers.

these issues you're describing aren't the reason some of us play on other servers these issues are on every server out there not just ours. I hate all level 45 and above allways seems they cheat but not allways the case they are just verry good and all they do is play this game. on many occasions i can score 30/8 and get accused of hacking because of it, cheating isn't allways a explanation for something but it does happen. some day all of us will be level 50 then what we all play alone because nobody will want to play with us and we will get kicked from every server we play on because we all will be acused of cheating. thnk about it. Anti base rape is enabled i've tested it it works but that doesn't stop players from sitting outside your area and shooting you that's when you tell them to stop and if they don't you have two choices slay them or kick them

Part 1.

Some people in this clan need to stop and think about how they act when playing. No one wants to hear someone b*^%!ng the entire time that they are in the game.

This is why we have "push to talk".. Use it!!!

WC

Agree !

This is boring me already for long time (doesn't matter what game), many times are common teamspeak channels (non game channels) used to play together in a game, i don't have a problem with that but some players still like to use their "voice activation" cause they think they got a good setup....

WELL HELL NO, we here avry breath, evry bullet in your head, evry frustation, evry hit on your keyboard, evry fist on your desktop....

Some have realy to learn to use their "push to talk" button !

hmmmm. where to start......

well lets go with teamspeak. i agree if playing a game, push to talk should be used. but if you read the teamspeak rules it states "push to talk" is desired to be used in channel especially when gaming. reason being this was to help encourage non-members to start using our teamspeak. and this was proposed my myself and agreed by the founder, on those principles.

yes, seeding a server is boring as hell. but it has been made easier when other members have been about. due to everyone being around the world, in different time zones, it will be hard at times to seed any of the servers.

the mentioning of team members playing on other servers.

1. due to the broad age range, this could be a part of why. some go where their friends go. some like a sertain style of game play. we wont keep everyone happy. this was brought up before and it was said "if happens, it happens". what are people going to do? have their tags taken from them for doing this??? another problem is ping levels, our OBC division are mainly in south africa. because of this their pings are high, so they look for the best servers for them to play their matches on. it has been looked into to get a server in south africa for them, but it was not cost effective.

2. we only provide one mode on our bfbc2 servers and thats rush. yes, we used to provide conquest but that fell to the wayside. i havent tried all the modes to bfbc2 yet, so i will be seeing what they are like. with that, it means i will be visiting other servers. with some of the modes i have tested, i like conquest and yes i do play it on other servers and it makes a change from playing rush all the time. it keeps me refreshed and wanting to keep playing bfbc2. if people dont like this, then read the bold bits above.

in regards to the tournament, i can understand the fraustrations. the hassles of setting it up, promoting it so people sign up, and then actually running it. the only thing you can do is try and hard sell it to people, but not be too aggressive with it as it could have the opposite to the desired out come. its a fine line.

in regards to attitudes not much can be done about that. but saying that if someone thinks that an attitude needs to be addressed then thats what our personnel officers are there for, to sort out any problems before it becoming a major issue.

but all in all the whole thing in reference about our community is that we are a group of people that have come together to become a team. not to have beaten into us as it were "this is how our attitudes should be. this is how we should act. this how we should think". if i wanted to be in a dictatorship i'd have moved to a country that has one. and on this point i'd like to publicly say for the first time, i've been with or there abouts, with TeamStealth since the start, and watched it grow it where it is now. but things have happened along the way that have made me more than once consider handing my tags in. this is because maybe that my personal views on things/events and teamstealths views on things/events have stood on two different levels.

all in all we are a community of poeple that are here for a common goal (kill george!! :lol: ). but seriously though we're here to try and have fun through the means of gaming, and discuss matters like though our complains department for one.

this is just my 2 cents worth!! 8O

ok ill admit i dont play on our servers all the time (bfbc2) but we only have rush running and i really like playing conquest,like Yeoman says cannot please eveyone

i also have a problem with killer pings so when i join US server i get a ping well over 200, you may think thats not bad but in a fast pace game like bf it does in my opinion hence why eveyone has my TAGS even George (sorry George), i do play rush on our servers and really enjoy when 2 or 3 members are on line playing weather its against each other or on the same team

the problem with high ranking players is something we have to put up with,i like most of you hate it when im killed by someone higher ranked constantly and end up with a nemisis but thats battlefield for you, we are a public server provider,they have as much right to play on our servers as we all do,its usally these higher rank players that fly helos around the map and kill eveyone if they are defenders and fly over your spawn area and kill you (isla incentes/atacama desert usally) this is baserape/spawnkilling then follow the rules and kick them (they kill you warn them = warning 1, you spawn in they kill you,warn them = warning 2,you spawn in they kill you = kick) there is usally someone on teamspeak who can do this if you dont have CC,ive done this on sevaral occasions for other members. if im online but not in teamspeak you can reach me via steam just add me and send me a chat message and i will gladly help you  :)

now the point of push to talk on teamspeak

if you use teamspeak you must use PtT eveybody has the right to tell someone who is not using PtT the correct way to use it

if someone is not using PtT or is babbling and genrally annoying you can MUTE that person(they will get the message hopfully), i find it very annoying when in game if i her someones wife/girlfriend/mother/father/boyfriend

hope ive not upset anyone with this post but if i have you can contact the complaints deparment  :lol:

if you have a problem of any type (unless medical) contact me via PM (contact admin)or steam im here to help.

WOW!! That post was old to!! HAHA

Thanks for the feedback guys. This post was written a while back after many frustrations came to ahead. As most of you know, we will be starting other servers up and I have no problem trying different game types. Back then (when this post was written) I had no control over the server for BFBC2. Now, we can talk things over and I can address all of these issues.

I am looking forward to the tournament. Hope y'all are 2!

Side note... all admins for BFBC2 will be deleted and everyone must reapply. The main password will be changed with the other changes tonight.

WC