Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

=TS=LtAlucard1387

Need Some Support For A Pc For =Ts= Foley

Question

After a few days and a long chat with our Aussie Division, It has come to our attention That one of our members, Mr =Ts=Foley, has only his school issued laptop to play with (unless borrowing his older brothers PC)

I have a dual core CPU and board, 4 gig of DDR 2 800 ram, and a 500 watt PSU.

What i would like to do, and i ask for you, the community, to help if you can, contribute to getting the items we do not have.

Thus far we need:

1 x mid tower or full tower

1 x dvd drive

1 x 1tb or 500 gig HDD

1 x Graphics card.

After looking at our local supplier, (here in queensland, Australia) I have found that we need AU$250 to build him a basic PC.

Foley's Birthday will happen on December the 2nd, and i would like to have this build and sent before then.

Delivery will cost $145,

I have the primary systems and i will cover the delivery cost myself.

Dearest members of the Crew, if you have a few pennies to spare, please let me know and i will hand along my Paypal details and i will post receipts and photos as the purchases are made, if i can get it all in one big hit, i will attatch a pdf of the invoice.

Help me make Foley a happy man and give the chance to get his own PC for some basic gaming.

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

14 answers to this question

What's the CPU you have, and what what can the board take for a GPU?

~ Eddie

Edit: Oh, and do you know what the laptop he's using is?

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

a simple dual core 1.8 intel. The mainboard i have for him is a gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 and i have 2 x 2 gig ddr2 800 sticks for him

he has an acer as1830, however, the NSW and QLD governments have a customer firmware that basically cripples the abilities of the laptop.

What's the CPU you have, and what what can the board take for a GPU?

~ Eddie

Edit: Oh, and do you know what the laptop he's using is?

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

give me a link to the local store and lets have a look for a bargan... i have spare card but its not worth sending as the shipping is a right ripr off...

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

give me a link to the local store and lets have a look for a bargan... i have spare card but its not worth sending as the shipping is a right ripr off...

www.umart.com.au

or

www.msy.com.au

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

UPDATE:

As an Alternate, and if the pledges are enough, i can build an entire new system for $750 - $800.

This would allow me to build foley a entry level gaming computer using new stock and providing him a full warranty

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

Posted (edited)

It really doesn't have to be so expensive Alucard... I appreciate all of this, really, but it just seems so much and I feel bad. I will do all I can to help, but it's really difficult. Thanks everyone... You are great friends, I'm glad to be a part of this family!

Edited by =Ts=Foley
      =TS=Hitman68 likes this

=TS= Rydon89 and I have a striker II formula board with a gtx 275 on it  could upgrade that to a gtx 480 with intel duo core E8600 oc upto 4.2 cpu 8GB GIEL, full computer in a case with vista 64 bit 60gb ssd 500 gb hd 650 WATTS PSU DVD DRIVE, old compaired to the latest but an excellent gaming pc will play all the modern games just did a quote with dhl they want £258.00 to deliver Au$540.00 ish, its a joke man.

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

just had a new quote from tnt almost 1/2 the price so lets see if it can get cheaper...

If you can get it here to australia for cheap then i am happy to do this

i have window product keys in stock

=TS=Hitman68 likes this

Posted (edited)

=TS= Rydon89 and I have a striker II formula board with a gtx 275 on it  could upgrade that to a gtx 480 with intel duo core E8600 oc upto 4.2 cpu 8GB GIEL, full computer in a case with vista 64 bit 60gb ssd 500 gb hd 650 WATTS PSU DVD DRIVE, old compaired to the latest but an excellent gaming pc will play all the modern games just did a quote with dhl they want £258.00 to deliver Au$540.00 ish, its a joke man.

holy sweet moses. that is expensive for shipping

at the end of the day, if you can find a way to get it here then please, we will contribute. i will provide $150 AU to delivery. Also, windows 7 HP for this one, i will send a key when needed

Edited by =TS=LtAlucard1387
      updated info
      =TS=Hitman68 likes this