Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

Sign in to follow this  
      Followers 0
      =TS=LtAlucard1387

Gameplay Recording Software

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

Not too long ago, Cross was doing a give-away for Action, a recording software suite for us gamers and the like, and unfortunately, noone showed much interest.

So, its time to ask the community; What do you use, what are your thoughts and opinions? (if you actually record)

As per my comment (quoted)"

"Sorry Cross, there are a number of capture systems out there. I personally use a version of Xsplit called "gamecaster" which is pretty much for the gamer recording with a mate or solo. limited extras but is cranks out 1080p perfectly( and 720p for me) and allow for both recording and direct streaming to Twitch.tv.

they also have their full package called Broadcaster, for the likes of yourself. and it includes "green screen " effects and a whole bucket load of extras. Xsplit is a licensed service and has a quarterly cost, but it is still relatively cheap.

Next in line, but configuring it is a swine and a half is OBS. (open broadcasting software/suite) it too have twitch streaming and recording features and once you get your head around creating the scenes for your recording it is also very powerful. The only difference is it is hard to configure to 720p and 1080p recording and streaming.

i have not tried action or any of the other systems, other than origins useless attempt at twitch streaming, so i cannot comment of what i think. So far, Xsplit game-caster has been brilliant for me. i will check over my last recording with MJBovi playing Dead Space 3 co-op, and if it is up to scratch, I will upload it to TS."

I have spoken with a few of us already via TeamSpeak and guided a few to OBS and one to Xsplit. What are your thoughts on the matter and how many of us are actually using designated Capture cards. (I'm not, but my PC is Boss i think) (<------- my opinion of course)

As mentioned i will upload a few videos to the site for you guys to look at, however Gamecaster is aimed at games, not desktop recording, which Xsplit broadcaster and OBS and Action for that matter are great for.

I will let you guys make your own minds up and choose what suits you best.

the links for each are as follows

Xsplit GameCaster : https://www.xsplit.com/products/gamecaster

Xsplit Broadcaster : https://www.xsplit.com/products/broadcaster

OBS:                       http://obsproject.com/

Action:                     http://actionrecorder.com/en

Cheers people of team Stealth

LtAlucard1387

Edited by =TS=LtAlucard1387

5 answers to this question

I agree with master Tubal of the =TS=. My gameplay is limited only because of my laptop, but i was wondering what to use when i get the right PC. This is a post that i will keep an eye on, or both. Sometimes some of my moves are brilliant, and sometimes just hilarious. Both deserve to be seen, learn what to do or not LOL.

=TS=LtAlucard1387 likes this

Gosh, Tubal .. can't be THAT bad!  I'm worse though.

I am using Camtasia to record all of my video recordings and anything else for that matter.  I like it because I don't have to go through a lot of steps and plus I understand the features more so than some of the other recording software.

One of the awesome features is that you can upload the recording you just made right to your YouTube account.  Just like that! 

32%20%2820%29.png I love using Camtasia about as much as I love using my blow-up teddy bear! 

@=TS=Tubal7 and @=TS=winstonsmith. If your PC or laptop is not up to scratch, there are capture cards to do the work for you, however they will generally run via an HDMI cable from your computer to the card and then to your TV or monitor, and yes, there will always be a monitor. i do not know (yet) of any laptop based capture cards. Aver-media does a brilliant PCIE 1X card that will let you record any device via HDMI. from PS3 to Xbox One.

http://www.avermedia.com/

As for looking the fool, that is what makes it funny for others. i generally try not to look like an idiot but i do anyway. its not about looking good, but having a bit of fun and sharing it with the crew. i do not think anyone is going to give you crap for something you di in the video.

Anyway, if you need a hand or if i find something to help our laptop gamers out there i will post it here.

Cheers people

LtAlucard1387

=TS=Kanabanoid likes this

i use action, that i won in the giveaway that cross did.

its easy to use, and has everything you need.

i'm just really lazy with recording stuff. heres what i did with it so far.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmEyeBlind/videos 

=TS=LtAlucard1387 likes this