Sign in to follow this  
Guest =TS=MAGNET

My Quede Steam Games

Question

Guest =TS=MAGNET

I thought I would download games with lower space requirements but because I'm using Cricket Broadband Modems -- it will take up all of my bandwith and 2 months just to install the three games here. 

My games on Origin?  Well that's another subject all together.  That's where my Battlefield games are together with Medal of Honor, Dead Space and a few others that I need to reload as well.  It sucks to be me doesn't it?

Untitled.png

10 answers to this question

Steam needs to figure something out to get their game sizes down.  They've got pretty good compression on many of them, but even compressed it's getting ridiculous.

I'm down to 480GB now, so I'm doing a lot of picking and choosing out of my 75 games.

~ Eddie

I thought I would download games with lower space requirements but because I'm using Cricket Broadband Modems -- it will take up all of my bandwith and 2 months just to install the three games here. 

My games on Origin?  Well that's another subject all together.  That's where my Battlefield games are together with Medal of Honor, Dead Space and a few others that I need to reload as well.  It sucks to be me doesn't it?

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

I have cricket for my phone service (Down in NC) They give us 3G and really really REALLLLLY spotty Reception. But hey its cheap lol.  OIf you have Frontier ISP they are pretty good for the price.

I have cricket for my phone service (Down in NC) They give us 3G and really really REALLLLLY spotty Reception. But hey its cheap lol.  OIf you have Frontier ISP they are pretty good for the price.

Hmmmmmmmmm, Frontier .... if I can get a modem like the one I have that's higher in GIGS that would be cool.  I headed over to Google to do a search on Frontier ISP.

Thanks for the share LJ

Steam needs to figure something out to get their game sizes down.  They've got pretty good compression on many of them, but even compressed it's getting ridiculous.

I'm down to 480GB now, so I'm doing a lot of picking and choosing out of my 75 games.

~ Eddie

OOOO my ... is that 480GB I see?  You say that you're down to 480GB??? 

Ok, ok so what can I do to get that much?  What do I ask for, etc.  How in the heck can you say you have to pick and choose from 75 games?  With that much GB, you could add another 10 games.

How much did you start off with???  :5:

Hate to say it, but there isn't much steam can do to get the game sizes down any more.  Most of the size is due to the images used in the textures, and you need fairly high-res textures to make it look good at 1920x1080.  Images do not compress very well (or at all), because you just start to lose significant quality.

I could see one possible option, but it would be a fair amount of work to set up, and that would be to offer 2 or 3 versions of the game download, such as low res and high res.  If you didn't care how good everything looked, or ran at a lower resolution (like 1366x768 - stupid laptop fake "high-definition" screens), you could download the low res package.  If you like quality and don't care about bandwidth, download the high res.

The other option would be to tell all of your American ISP's to quit being retarded greedy anti-consumer companies, and start offering plans that are similar to the rest of the civilized world.  Then, you could just install a game when you wanted to play it, and remove it when you were done.

The other option would be to tell all of your American ISP's to quit being retarded greedy anti-consumer companies, and start offering plans that are similar to the rest of the civilized world.  Then, you could just install a game when you wanted to play it, and remove it when you were done.

You said a mouth full there, Meisss!!!

OOOO my ... is that 480GB I see?  You say that you're down to 480GB??? 

Ok, ok so what can I do to get that much?  What do I ask for, etc.  How in the heck can you say you have to pick and choose from 75 games?  With that much GB, you could add another 10 games.

How much did you start off with???  :5:

Maggie, how much do you have?!  You've got a very good build, and I'd be surprised if it has anything less than 500 in it, probably 750.  I've got a couple spares now, if you really need more room.

I had two 500s before I switched to SSDs.  One was for installed stuff and one for media.  I had an old laptop's 450 plugged in too for backups.

~ Eddie

Oh, I hava whoooooooole bunch left --- like 75GB and diminishing as I speak/type. 

I haven't upgraded or done anything to MAGNETRON (my teamstealth build) since Cross shipped it too me.  I wanted to buy more space but, I'm scared I may screw something up and I really like my new, customed built-tid computer.

Soon I'll have to definitely get more space if I'm going to download all the games I bought the past 5 months.  I really have to re-install my Battlefield games and my Call of Do-do's too!

Can I buy or beg for a spare from ya? 

I'm a poor girl living in the valley with nuttin' to eat and only one pair of shoe; and, it's gotta hole in the sole. :so sad:

Oh, I hava whoooooooole bunch left --- like 75GB and diminishing as I speak/type. 

I haven't upgraded or done anything to MAGNETRON (my teamstealth build) since Cross shipped it too me.  I wanted to buy more space but, I'm scared I may screw something up and I really like my new, customed built-tid computer.

Soon I'll have to definitely get more space if I'm going to download all the games I bought the past 5 months.  I really have to re-install my Battlefield games and my Call of Do-do's too!

Can I buy or beg for a spare from ya? 

Ask Cross (if he remembers) if you've got open motherboard connectors for another eSATA HDD.  If you do, I'd be glad to give you one.  I hadn't decided if I was going to talk GForce into buying them from me for a RAID setup or just use them for target practice.  :money13: <- hmmm -> :mag_machinegunsdual:  

Just PM me an address, and I'll send it along.  Installation is a breeze.  They're plug 'n play, so no worries.  The internet's full of short tutorials.

~ Eddie