Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

Sign in to follow this  
      Followers 0
      =TS=mexican408

Gamespy?

Question

Posted (edited)

so i hear from my bud toons that gamespy is gonna shutdown by the end of next month.....

how we gonna play this beautiful game when we're required to login to GS in-order to play?

gotta find them loopholes, mods, and whatnot

Edited by mexican408

5 answers to this question

GameSpy Servers Shutting Down in May

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gamespy-software-pc-gaming-multiplayer-closing,26458.html

From the article:

"A large number of game publishers use GameSpy Technology for multiplayer services. Epic told Polygon  that it has been phasing out GameSpy for its Unreal series of games, and will introduce its own in-house solution next week. Capcom says that several titles will be affected by the closure, while Bohemia Interactive says  that the closure will affect CD authentication, matchmaking and NAT traversal in several of its games."

Don't know what UBIsoft will do concerning this.  There's not a lot of info out there about this, or I am Googling it wrong.

well the news is fresh, so more will come i suppose....

I haven't been able to find many details on this either.  I'm wondering what BI plans on doing about their games.

~ Eddie

=TS=WadCutter45 likes this

On the upside, GRAW does support direct connections, so if you are slightly insane (or technical, same thing really...), it would be possible to keep the game live without gamespy.  It would just make it slightly harder to connect to the server, and you wouldn't know if others are on before connecting.

=TS=WadCutter45 likes this

I haven't played it much in the last few years, but I'd hate to know my favorite games won't play online.