Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

=TS=Crosshair2

Graw Servers

Question

At some point in the future We will need to upgrade the operating system on our main server, GRAW won't run on anything later than windows Server 2003 and we likely will upgrade to windows server 2012 so unless we discover a way to make the servers run it's possible they'll be shut down. this isn't for sure yet we've not yet discussed it further  But so that everyone knows it's possible.

=TS=WadCutter45 likes this

7 answers to this question

And as was noted, it might be irrelevant, since GameSpy is closing the end of May 2014.

I have to think this will end GRAW as we know it...

is it possible to make LAN multiplayer on GRAW?

You can completely bypass GameSpy by using the Local tab in the multiplayer screen.  It is easiest to do this when you have all of the computers at the same location, but it is possible to do this over the internet as well.

If the computers are at the same location, one player creates a local game, and then it will show up in the Local tab for all the other players.

To do it over the internet, all the players have to set up a VPN to the host's house, and then proceed as if doing it at the same location.  I have done this with a couple of friends, but it is a bit more complicated to set up.

You can completely bypass GameSpy by using the Local tab in the multiplayer screen.  It is easiest to do this when you have all of the computers at the same location, but it is possible to do this over the internet as well.

If the computers are at the same location, one player creates a local game, and then it will show up in the Local tab for all the other players.

To do it over the internet, all the players have to set up a VPN to the host's house, and then proceed as if doing it at the same location.  I have done this with a couple of friends, but it is a bit more complicated to set up.

Can it be done as a dedicated server (which is how the current servers are started)? What VPN service or client do you use?  I think I have 100 questions about this, just lack the knowledge on the subject.  Did you use something like Hamachi ? https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/

Freeware version --> http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/

Hamachi is usually the one I use, as it is a fairly simple one to set up.  I think there are tutorials on the download page (or possible when you launch the program...).

Not sure about the dedicated servers as I have never tried it, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

can also use the, "gamespy replacement", gameranger