Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

Guest =TS=MAGNET

Do You Like Strategy Games?

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play Strategy Games?

• Yes
        • No
        • Sometimes
        • Never

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Please take the time to vote on whether or not you like strategy games.  

Feel free to add a comment or two.

:big wink:

11 answers to this question

:18:

can´t vote,

but normally i do it Sometimes just for fun...

helps to relax from all the FPS- BANg-BANG

i go between strategy and FPS.

strategy was the first type of game i played on PC. then friends got me into playing ghost recon which led on to GRAW (intro'd by stevo). which led me(via stevo) to a group that afew members here used to be apart of before TeamStealth came to life.

but as said i switch between  the two. both game types make you think differently to get the end product.

My first game that I really got into on PC was an RTS called starcraft:) some of ya may have heard of it, lol

I play FPS mainly now but i do hop on SC2 every once and awhile when i get the itch :) so yea i like strategy games if RTS games qualify:)

I have like ... 2 or 3 steam keys for Company of Heroes and other strategy games and can't get rid of them.  Folk just don't like having to use their keyboard or mouse frequently when it comes to gaming.  That's the only thing about strategy games .. you have to do too much to get your game on.

The dynamics of moving your men around a map with the click of your mouse button is a bit irritating to me; however, there are games that are really cool though such as Age of Empires.

I've played Age of Empires but the one I have is an older version.  I have a version that will allow me to play multi-player using my IP address to connect with friends. 

I really didn't know you guys even wasted your time on strategy games. 

My question is, what strategy games would you like to see on Team Stealth -- don't forget to vote! 

Magnet, I'm not sure if it is more of a "nobody likes to play strategy games", or just that everyone that likes to play them already owns them.

The dynamics are very different, so it takes a different kind of person to enjoy them.  I've found that a lot of the younger people I know don't have the patience to play a game that could take 4 hours to complete a round, vs the 15-30 for an online match of BF3 or CoD (which they then play for the same length of time without realizing it...).  The length of time to invest also makes a difference for me, regarding how much time I have to play.  If I only have an hour before I have to do something else, there is no way I am going to start up one of my RTS games, as I don't like to drop out in the middle of matches.

Magnet, I'm not sure if it is more of a "nobody likes to play strategy games", or just that everyone that likes to play them already owns them.

The dynamics are very different, so it takes a different kind of person to enjoy them.  I've found that a lot of the younger people I know don't have the patience to play a game that could take 4 hours to complete a round, vs the 15-30 for an online match of BF3 or CoD (which they then play for the same length of time without realizing it...).  The length of time to invest also makes a difference for me, regarding how much time I have to play.  If I only have an hour before I have to do something else, there is no way I am going to start up one of my RTS games, as I don't like to drop out in the middle of matches.

I hear ya ... but some of those games are selling like hotcakes --- Rome, Civilizations, Age of Empires, etc.  I guess it depends ...

I really feel that the young gamers play what their parents play since it's already downloaded on parents PC already.  The middle aged players with a kid will allow the kid to play a round or two of BF3 or BFBC2 or other games like that because it's what they play.  Next thing you know the doesn't have any desire to play any other type games but that.

Nowadays, parents don't want to purchase games for their kids if it's "too kiddie" but would rather invest in a FPS game with violence and gore as opposed to less V&G in strategy games.

I play no strategy games, except the occasional Chess match once in a blue moon.

As far as violence in FPS games, I really like it when there's an option to reduce or turn off gore.  In that case, I use it.  I like to shoot real guns too, doesn't mean I like blood; it's the challenge of hand-eye coordination.  Even so, Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch is so boring, in my opinion.  I like to have objectives in there somewhere, too.

I really enjoy playing my Strategy games be it turn based or real time

I do also enjoy my FPS mostly because I'm playing them with people I know

As far as I'm concerned as long as I can play a game with friends or people I can talk to I will enjoy my gaming experience

SoreOpinipron likes this