Sign in to follow this  
Guest =TS=MAGNET

Gamers Looking For Mr Or Miss Goodbar

Question

Guest =TS=MAGNET

If you're looking for irritation while playing a game ... wait until you get messages from people who have no intention of playing games but their only purpose is to join a team of players and start a hustle going. 

Have you ran into someone like this yet?  I know I have ... every time I log into Steam!

If you're a guy have you been overwhelmed by one particular female preying on you ... being a smooth talker and then eventually asking you to help her out with a financial situation she's in or some other stuff?

Of if you're female, maybe you had a guy offering you all sorts of things (i.e., let's meet and I'll pay for your airfair or, do you have a web cam) and have no clue about you what's so ever?... only that you're a female ... online playing a game?

How about some feedback on this because I'm confused.  If I verbally insult and start telling peeps off I won't have any friends at all and no one will want to play with me anymore :13:  ... but if you play along with the game and in the end finish if off abruptly --- it could result in your ID being tossed around and labeled as an "internet harlet" or maybe a cheater which could ruin your rep.

Need some feedback on this because I'm starting to enjoy playing single player.

3 answers to this question

never had that happen to me, but i guess as female gamer you will be more targeted by those kind of things.

i know that some girls never use voice or chat to prevent that kind of stuff. also have a nick that doesnt show you're a girl right away may help.

but in case of steam its easy to avoid a creep once he sneaked on your friends list. just unfriend him, and if he ads you again just ignore him.

there are millions of players out there, and even if you get along good with 1% of that its already more than enough.

public gaming sucks, its really hard to find the good players. but that also depends on the game you play.

just my 2 cents 

Guest =TS=Zoa

I really think it depends on the kind of conversations your chose to entertain when talking with a stranger online, especially being a female Magnet you cannot reveal too much information about yourself to somebody you don't know or don't feel comfortable talking to I would not even let them pressure you into doing stuff either. Unless you know them personally and I do mean like you really do know them EVERYBODY on the internet is a stranger, seriously everybody, even Team Stealth members, still strangers.

Guest =TS=MAGNET

I echo that =TS=Zoa!

Team Stealth is the ONLY place where I've utilized communication devices.  And like you said, even Team Stealth members are still strangers.

I'd rather type then talk; or just don't say anything unless it has something to do with designing something.

This topic was not directly towards me.  I know how to handle myself in strange situations both in-game and out.  I wanted our members to share their experiences as well.