Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

Sign in to follow this  
      Followers 0
      =TS=Authiel

Future Of Lotro - Helms Deep Edition

Question

So I recently just read the upcoming changes to Lord of the Rings Online when they release the new expansion pack, Helms Deep. It's horrible. I'm actually considering not playing anymore or not buying the expansion pack. I'm dissapointed. Disgusted. What they plan to do is scrap the instance finder entirely and create something called Battle System. And what that does, is allow low levels to join end game content.

I know what you guys are thinking. "What the Modor?!!!"

Exactly my thought. When a level 10 player joins a end game 'instance' they will automatically be converted to level 95 for the battle. They are doing away with scaled tiers. Challenges. I'm just so upset. No more raiding kins. Level cap players are being treated like dirt, even though we are their major support system compared to these new low level players. We are the ones who run the raids do the challenges, and submit feedback to Turbine.

What is the point of even leveling your character to 95 if a level 10 joins and is converted to 95 for the fight? There is NO point. They are babying these new players and making the game SO easy that the people who actually worked to get where they are, are just making us pull out our hair and crying in frustration. 

And no, i'm  not being 'elitist'. I love to help people, give advice, do anything I can for other people in the game. But, I draw the line at letting low levels join end game content. The work that goes into building LIs, leveling, getting gear, it just seems like all the grinding and hard work will be useless. 

Not to mention that they have a lot of other tasks they need addressing. 

What about balancing out PVMP? How come a Rank 3 Lore-Master can kill two Rank 8 Wargs?  What is going to be done with the rank farmers to get to rank 15 in a week? Or the Freeps who sit at GV or Grams and camp? 

How about Draigoch, which has been bugged for two years. Or the rubber banding on the war steed. Lets not forget when Rohan came out they 'accidentally' deleted everyone's friends list and had pulled together a quick fix that still doesn't even work or update properly. And that was almost a year ago. 

I love Lord of the Rings. I love the lore, the lands, everything about it, I adore it. But the game is crumbling. It breaks my heart to see it go down hill.

On the LOTRO forums I had posted my feedback on their new 'system' and other level cap players agree with me. But these low levels are of course all for these new changes. They WANT it to be easy. 

I agree that with a new expansion they need to cater to all types of players, promote their game to gain new players but they could of done so without throwing us veteran players into the trash. They no longer care about the players. And if they don't care about the players, their game will just go down down down. What will Turbine do when all the level cap players stop playing? Some sort of strike would be nice. Get them to notice what the players want.

Here is the link to the post on the Lotro Forums.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519694-20-Questions-%E2%80%93-Big-Battles

Read it and don't tell me you feel at least a little upset.  :37:  :32 (26):  :31:  :13:

1 answer to this question

Authiel,

I don't play LOTRO, but I can understand your pain.  I read the lotro.com thread on the upcoming changes.

"While an upscaled 95 will be less powerful than a true 95, through the Medals system they will still be able to meaningfully contribute."

Aside from the pros, which I can't readily identify, this change has two major cons.

One, it allows players into the battle who don't have experience.  Again, I don't play LOTRO, so I don't know how much experience effects these types of battles.  But, in many games the last thing you want is some newbie with a big gun taking up a slot on your team.

Two, any level 95 player is granted a certain amount of default respect.  They may not be nice people, they may not be very good players, but they put in the work and time to get to where they are.  Where you are.  Now, the player you're facing (with your 95 levels of work, experience, and equipment) can be any little ol' noob who's been given the euqipment necessary to fight you.  Someone who hasn't earned the respect or the right to face you (and your 95 levels of sweat, long nights, and headaches) in combat.

~ Eddie

=TS=Eddie likes this