=TS=Filitov

The "Team"

Question

I guess I don't know the other team members well enough to make an informative opinion about much of our personalities. But I've never understood the "power trips" or politics regarding a community where people actually volunteer to become a participant.

Communities or orgnizations such as this should be filled with voluteers whose only desires are to be a part of a team. To aid in the collective good whose purpose is to ensure the sucess of the team. Our involvment in that success should be reward enough. The capacity in which we serve the team should not be based on the "postision" we hold but rather how we contribute to the overall sucess of the product we produce. We all must realize there is not a more powerful person on the team than any other. We are equals in this endevour.

I know from experience however this is often not the case. Ego's are always a part of eqastion. And we all bring these with us in whatever we do. But the real questions we should be asking ourselves are these: Is where I serve the team more important than how I serve? Are my actions actually a part of the solution or contributing to the problem?

We all possess certain skill sets and qualities or we would not have been asked to become involved in the team. This recogition alone ahould be its own reward. Because no matter how good we may be at something, there is always someone better. ~Chuck Rowan. So let's all of us cut the politics and get to work in whatever capacity we are asked perform.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Hope you all have a great weekend. And I really do look forward to getting to know each of you on a more perosnal level.

Respectfully,

=TS=Filitov

2 answers to this question

Filitov, u r absolutey right in what u say. The right hand doesn't need to know what the left hand is doing. there's no need to shout it from the roof tops and puff ourselves up.I became a part of this community to have fun, yes. but if i can give something back in return to help whatever it may be, i'm happy to do that. Like i said to crosshair, even if it's just sweeping the floor. I know myself that i'm what u may call a quiet achiever. I like it just fine working behind the scenes where i'm not noticed. we r all bricks in the wall and if we can all do our own part, however great or small it may seem to others, then that wall will never fall.