Sign in to follow this  

Question

This is an old map I worked on in 2010 called ThimbleRig (thimblerig.bundle).  I dug it up and found this semi-working version, scripted to a point and nice colors.  Is there any interest in playing this map?

Description - Designed for 2 - 12 Ghosts, this adaptive mission requires team work. Four (4) enemy commanders have overtaken a military/industrial park. Your team can use the sewers to gain access and move undetected to your objectives. =Objectives:  Reclaim the park.  Eliminate 4 enemy commanders.  Keep from needless destruction of property and equipment.  Rendezvous with friendly forces at ZULU.=  WARNING; work and stay together or expect overwhelming opposition.   Map by WadCutter45.

thumb_pre_1366960149__thimblerig001.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960217__thimblerig002.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960244__thimblerig003.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960271__thimblerig004.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960317__thimblerig005.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960343__thimblerig006.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960365__thimblerig007.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960388__thimblerig008.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960417__thimblerig009.jpg  thumb_pre_1366960441__thimblerig010.jpg

9 answers to this question

HELP!

I have read through the entire GRAW mapping forum and can't find what I need. 

Can anyone tell me where the GRAW Editor settings are located, especially auto-save times? 

The 5 minute auto-save is drving me nuts.

I thought it was a hot-key from inside the editor, but it illudes me. 

I would like the option to change other things, too.

hey wad,

when i remember right the auto save is hard coded, so you cant change it.

maybe i m wrong then there should be some xml files for editor settings in the quick and or patch bundle

Thanks for the reply, Blind.  Thought I saw that setting at least once in my life, but I was probably wishful thinking.  If I could, I would change it to 60 minutes, instead of 5.

I think I just spent 2 weeks remembering why I quit working on maps for GRAW.

Found this, though:

<unit name="buildingtext" unit_id="3877" name_id="none" cover_off="false">
				<editable_gui text="[" font_size="20" font_color="201 198 113"/>
				<position pos_x="-39200" pos_y="-4200" pos_z="950"/>
				<rotation yaw="0" pitch="0" roll="0"/>
			</unit>

- which translates into the nice, fancy "H & triangle" on the helipad in the mission 6 (Ready for bear) map. 

Guest =TS=MAGNET

I really want to learn how to create GRAW maps! 

How about directing me to a link or something that I could work on -- or what do I need to work on first?

You guys rock at this --

you got some mappers in the group, just force em on teamspeak to teach you.

I really want to learn how to create GRAW maps! 

How about directing me to a link or something that I could work on -- or what do I need to work on first?

You guys rock at this --

Let me save you some major frustration!  My recommendation is to download & learn the UDK -  http://www.unrealengine.com/en/udk/  - and forget GRAW editor.

Before GRAW was released, I made maps using Unreal Editor 2 (for UT2003/2004), and it was a far better experience.