Sign in to follow this  
Guest =TS=MAGNET

Will we some day have to pay for the air we breath?

Question

Guest =TS=MAGNET

The other day i needed to fill on of my car tires the air was very low so i stopped at a gas station pulled up to the air pump only to see that i needed $1.00 (four quarters) well with no change in my pockets or in the change cup in the car i was forced to drive to the next place for air only to be faced with the same problem except this one required (5 quarters)

$1.25 Believe it or not it took 5 stops before i found FREE Air.

I'm afraid if we continue to burn fossil fuels and pump chemicals into our atmosphere we'll soon have to do what China does in it's cities and wear surgical masks. And quite possible in the future everyone may have to carry around oxygen tanks just to breath, then just like water we'll have to pay to breath......

8 answers to this question

Clean air campainers get their funding from somwere climate change is funded from the tax payer carbon tax does exist........... YOUR ALL READY PAYING for THE AIR YOU BREATH.........LOL

I do remember reading something about the carbon tax, isn't that for factories that produce allot of chems in their byproduct?

They are already trying to pass laws that will pritty much have you paying for the air you breath, it's called the carbon tax.

Guest =TS=MAGNET

Here's a heavy duty interesting subject; but, I'll start with the below comments just to keep it simple for now and on my behalf.

In the past, before anyone could get their license renewed it was mandatory that you have your car tested to see if your automobile was clean and free of pollutants. Usually, if you didn't pass the test, you didn't get your license or tags, etc., until you fixed the problems the emission tests listed. You even had to show the clerk at the DMV a copy of the passed emission test. These tests were crucial in helping keep the air clean and free of smog and other pollutants. Factories and other businesses that filter chemicals, etc., have been allowed to get away with polluting the air as well.

If the government would have left things alone, they wouldn't have to sit around trying to figure out how to get us to go along with paying a tax on air without creating havoc and discontent -- air should be free!!

To add, for some reason, laws that umbrella under the State level decided that emission test weren't necessary. Now, at that time emission tests were free even though some stations and services charged to have these tests done. Less cars were on the road as a result of having to pass tests prior to getting their tags. Oh, so now the system couldn't make money so they cut the program out all together.

This so called Carbon Tax that's all of sudden being dropped on the political table, is foolish. We're already paying for fire and water so why not air? What next? There are no more elements left.

Sorry, if I've managed to get off the subject; but, it's just so much to say regarding this topic.