=TS=Yeoman

voting system.

Question

placed this here as it seemed the only place this could loosely fit into the catigory.

i'm all for TeamStealth to have its numbers grow and i'm not trying to be dificult or funny in anyway. but with the voting system maybe there should be three options allowed so an informed vote is done.

i.e. yes, no or undecided.

reason being the team member voting, may not of had much or any contact with the individual applying to become a =TS= member due to other commitments. so they personally cant make an informed decision on said person.

in the past this has been the case for me and has stopped me from voting.

8 answers to this question

I voted never cause it seems not evryones vote is important....after a few votes they already play with =TS= tag, even before i had the time to vote or to talk/play/learn with them. I can't vote yes/no about sombody who's a total stranger for me.

My 2 cent.

Well maybee we should make some changes in the system, i'm all for that .

I agree with Yeoman, however, even though I am one of the new members, I have a suggestions to make.

Should a team member not know or have played with the individual, than maybe a grace period could used to give TS members a chance to play with them until such time as they are comfortable to vote yes or no.

well wad we already have a area in the forum like that but noone can see it unless you have =TS=

as far as membership rules those have been in place since day 1, (open the application page)

Hi All....

It was Decided in the begining that all applications for=TS= Tags would recieve them unless anybody had reservations about their application and this is what the voting system is for.

Currently there is a 48 hr window for voting which is extended for upto 7 days if more information is needed or there are concerns about the application, it is a short window so that a balance is struck between giving the application a quick decision whilst still giving members time to vote.

The decision is made for =TS= Tags within that 48 hour window unless a delay of upto 7 days is needed. Then an average number is taken of the members who have been on the site and that is off set against the votes cast and any concerns are taken into consideration, you are all entitled to cast your vote and express your views.

Your vote and opinion is IMPORTANT and never ignored.

If a Player is given Tags and subsequently is found to be not worthy of them then we reserve the right to remove them.

Attaining =TS=Tags is subjected to the Application for membership rules.

It is felt that putting an Undecided button on the voting could lead to applicants feeling that there was a problem with other members.

If you have a view that you wish to express be it for any reason (dont know the player undecided have reservations ect) then please put this within that forum post.

Taking into account your views on this subject I cannot see where there is a real need for change although I will listen to anything that would help in either the case of the applicant or the member casting their vote I could see that other members may need to have more time to cast their vote say for a 72 hour window and upto 7 days but I will open that up for diiscussion.

Many thanks =TS=Snotts Personnel Officer.