Sign in to follow this  
=TS=MaadDaawg

Liquid Cooling

Question

Original Post By: =TS=moade

Thinking About Building One, I have Had A Factory Sony Liquid Cooled But every Body Says That They Are A Pain And Ive Been Lucky

11 answers to this question

Originally Posted By: =TS=Kanabanoid

Well, Do You Overclock ? If So Then You Are Going To Want A Nicer Cooling System. If Not Then You Can Get A Self Contained One . It Will Be Just Fine

there is at least one self contained water cooling system that i know of that has a 5 year warranty, i beleave, some have 3 years. the thermaltake one i have has lasted for over 3 years and still works but i moved to a different setup do to the fact that i run a substantial overclock 24/7. it all realy breaks down to. why you are getting it. do you want to overclock, or do you want the kool effect in your pc ?

I HAVE HAD SELF CONTAINED SYSTEM FOR 8 YRS BUT I HAVENT USED TH E COMPUTER FOR THE PAST 3 YRS MYWIFE HAS FOR SCHOOL WORK. UNTIL I HAD IT MY COMPUTERS DIDN'T LAST OVER 4 YRS. LOGIC SAYS THE LIQUID COOLING EXTENTED THE LIFE OF THE COMPUTER IN GENERAL.

if you are looking to just be sure the system is being kept cool so that it last you as long as it can and you are wanting it to be water cooling than the self contained setups will be just fine for you : )

I have a custom built water cooling system with THREE LOOPS smile.png 3 D5 pumps, 1 x 120 thermochill for the chipset (internal), 1 x quad Feser for the CPU (external) and 1 3x140 Ferser Monsta Lite for the cards (external). I have my 480 OCd to 4.4ghz now (it'll game all day at 4.8 but UT3 can be finaky). Currently 2 x HD 5870 GPUs (1 out to RMA now sad.png )but planning on replacing them with 3 x GTX 580s soon (as soon as I take my quad sli setup off my benching rig). system runs only a few degrees C over ambient.. which is awesom. I use a lot of Koolance quick disconnects and fittings to keep the loops neat and to disassemble the rig quickly if need be biggrin.png It took a Corsair 800D to fit it all in, but looks incredible!

I'll post pics once the RMA returns, or, the 580s are installed, whichever comes first smile.png or maybe later tonite with only 1 card so you can see the loops ... 3 UV reactive colors ... oooooo lol

Tried a self contained CM system once, and it really sucked to hook up. The newer self contained Thermaltake and Corsair are good if you're not gonna OC too high.

Added later

Some of the attached pics are a little old, but still representative.

2 pumps sit in the front Koolance dual resv and one sits inside (with the green tubing)

The red loop is for the CPU, I use a Swiftech HD water block, and love it

The blue loop is for the GPUs

the bitspower fittings keep all the water connections about 3 inches above the motherboard. You can see the quick disconnects at the reservoir for the CPU and the GPUs, there are also quick disconnects out the back where the lines connect to the external rads. The CPU and GPUs can be removed in minutes - not much more to remove the mobo. It's no longer setup on this desk like this, but the last pic shows the water lines running out the back to the external rads

Been custom building for a long time :D

gamer front.jpggamer side.jpggamer internal.jpggameing setup.jpg

Holy crap now that's liquid cooling, speaking of I'm going back to air so apart from the parts I'm using for the next build I'll have a bunch of stuff left over. If anyone needs liquid cooling parts let me know....

Actually, it's what you call OVERKILL rofl

I had accumulated all the parts over a period of time though, so I figured why not lol TBH, I have a history of overkill, but it makes it fun :) I'll have to post pics of my BattleStar build one of these days - Duel Feser quads mounted externally (one on each side) on a CM HAF full tower... awesome :14:

Sign in to follow this