Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

=TS=ExillDan

Ineed some help to upgrade my shite pc! :D

Question

i have an Acer Aspire x3990

Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz CPU Speed: 3.12 GHz

System Memory: 3.98 GB

AMD RADEON HD 6450 Video Card Memory: 2.23 GB

PSU 220w

id like to upgrade and get a gtx560 or somein close. i know i will need to get a new PSU but realy have no idea on what would work. i cant realy afford too much and realy as it is as cheep as possible. ill also need a new case to fit all this in as mine is a custom fit job :(

any help would be very much appreciated. Dan

16 answers to this question

This is the one I have bought for my older setup that broke down on me, here's a Pic link or you can also look at my rig, I have a 15" Blue light in there as well to make things a little brighter. Also with a clear case you have to keep up on the dusting and careful about scratches of the case.

Case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811148001

For the light I'd put a piece of electrical tape carefully covering 1\2 of the light facing you so you don't go blind.

Cold Cathode Light:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800888073

Cheap PSU is crime. The simply explode like lightbulb. Just "bang" and no PSU, and no PC anymore. Better buy some Corsair 650-750W, or some Enermax, Seasonic etc. You can save on some case, save on appearance, but PSU is precious. However, I recommend to buy decent chassis either. Bad airflow is HW killer. Choose strong, solid not flimsy chassis, spacious and with good HDD mounting.

In any case I suggest you to start PC upgrade with HW you will keep for future. PSU, VGA, case and cooling firstly.

I apologize for pointless message. Just wanted to insert 2 cents.

i have a NZXT Lexa S

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/lexa_s

comes with 4 fans standard, fan speed controller for 2. Really cheap too compared to other similar priced cases!

I need a new power supply too :/ ive got a 450w powering an AMD Phenom II 970 quad core (3.5GB each core) with 4GB ram and a Zotac nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB. Starts jumping when i play games on full graphics settings. :(

I would show a pic but i dont know how lol