Welcome to TeamStealth's Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to

existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile

and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Division

Connect to our teamspeak server and join us in a great game of The Division, you'll always find someone online to play with!

Guest =TS=MAGNET

Better scores with better hardware!

Question

Received a new computer recently and its been awesome to game on! Check out some of these scores in BFBC2 I'm always getting! My ping is always in the low 70's sometimes 80-85 when other people are online in the house but overall very nice.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119581982-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119587136-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119627488-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119511935-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119474098-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/115679168-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/119556838-4.jpg

20 answers to this question

Thanks Grim! Where are you from?? Another thing I'd like to get soon is a new graphics card!!! any good recommendations? Right now I have a GTX 260 which I love lol

Indeed. It depends on how much cash you can sacrifice for this piece of HW. But also you have quite certain limits for the maximum power your VGA must have. It simply is restricted by power your CPU can give. And I suggest nVidia GTX560Ti (one new  better expected in close future), or AMD HD6870. Both are about 200$ for 6870 and 250 for 560Ti. Both are great cards, 560Ti is a bit more powerful, and is about same as HD6950 (which can be upgraded into 6970 by flashing BIOS). You can pay even more for 6970- 300$, or even more for GTX580 (~500$ and more), but last one is not recommended due to it requires much more powerful CPU you have. So yeah, if you can spend about 300$, I suggest you to buy GTX560Ti, or HD6970. So buy any, but watch for your CPU to not become bottlenecked.

To be honest, my almost 4 years old 4870X2 is still have power of 6870, but eats 2.5x more Watts.

[spoil]

Where are you from??

P.S.: I'm from +2GMT. More precisely- Ukraine. If it was an insinuation about my horrid English- you have my apologizes. :D I'm from country where criminals rock the fest (literally), and maximal monthly pay for fair worker is less than 200$. I don't try to abuse my country, but I can't hide the truth. It was once good country though.... And excuse me for trolling[/spoil]

I need to update my computer specs for you! I was actually looking at the GTX 590 I'm just not sure if I have the power supply for it which I think Cross said was 850 watts..oh and by the way Grim your English is very good! I was just curious as to where you were from! There are so many team stealth members from all over the world which is pretty cool I just wish I could speak all of your languages as fluent as I know English lol

=TS=zoa

I highly warn you to avoid any dual chip (dual-GPU) cards. You see it is quite butt-pain. It requires extremely tough CPUs,PSU and it also has problems with optimization, no matter is it SLI or CFX. It just has random fps drops, and many games do not support it. And also, 2 chips often is quite a pain, because even if only one chip works, it warms the idling one anyway, and also both chips consume energy. So this is main reason, why you should avoid dual-GPU cards as 6990 and 590. Better to buy two separate 580 or 6970 and set SLI or CFx manually. Of course it requires more PCI slots to use, and often this is why ppl prefer to have 2 chips on single PCB. And as you have noticed above, Dual-GPU cards require very tough PSUs. And this is yet another money investment, and not really cheap one. If you still look forward to GTX590, or HD6990 (which is better than 590), you should look for better PSU. I suggest to look at Corsair AX850. I don't make any advertisement. Just many friends have corsair PSU, and most of them are great and reliable.

In any case, I strongly recommend to avoid any non-single chip GFX, and buy one that costs not more than 300$. It is pointless to buy more expensive, because soon both GFX chipmakers (AMD and nVidia) will announce next generation of GPUs in forthcoming months. So current generation will cost less a bit, and of course it means that theres no point to buy very tough card if something new and better might come. As fas as I understood, almost everyone here including you, are nVidia fans. I was ATI/AMD fan, but even I suggest you to get 560Ti . You can always buy yet another similar card and set both in SLI, so it will be even better than 590. Looks like MSi makes decent cards with good Twin Frozr II and III. But if you want, you might check some of AMD cards, which are also great. For example this, this or this, or even this one.

Sorry for so big and pointless post.

[spoil]Thanks, you're too tolerant to me. And I also want to know many languages. But I am sure and I know, that ppl can communicate spiritually. Just need to believe to your intuition.[/spoil]

I need to update my computer specs for you! I was actually looking at the GTX 590 I'm just not sure if I have the power supply for it which I think Cross said was 850 watts..  :0

Sure you have plenty of power, But i don't recommend using a Nvidia card if you plan on getting anything a 6870 is a good choice. You'll get much better results running ATI Graphics

Thanks for the advice guys I was updating my graphics card and I was looking on nvidia's site on how to better enjoy Battlefield 3 and they recommend their 590 for the best experience soo that's why I was asking, are NVIDIA cards like not good anymore or something? I notice a lot of you don't use them or if you have don't anymore..:/

no more problems then ATI but the type of card is usually governed by the Main Board chipset. In your case using a ATI card will work better for you because your Board has a ATI 8 series chipset Nvidia will and obviously works but not as good as it could

Ah, I forgot you have 890FX. Yep, Sir Crosshair is right- in this case you better stick to AMD card. And AMD VGAs are not so bad as you might think. Even Catalyst drivers are very good now. As fas as I know, 6870 is just enough for almost anything. It costs not much, has miserable power consumption, but enough power to fuel up BC2 and I think even BF3 (of course not on max). And BF3 is really power-thirsty game. You need to have incredibly tough rig to play it on max settings. And this requires a lot more money to invest. More powerful VGA like 590 means you have to change CPU. Which I think is already enough for card like 6870, or even 6970 with overclock. Last one is just almost as GTX580.

IMHO, you have great rig, and you need only VGA to swap. Though you have to remember that CPU has to be equally powerful to VGA, otherwise it will be bottlenecked. Also, you can still keep your 260, not as a primary card, but for PhysX. You don't even need LucidHydra. So you will have great powerful primary card, and enough power to fuel up PhysX, and even run Folding@Home. As I've said before you don't need anything more expensive than 6970. And for saved money, you can buy better CPU cooler, and overclock CPU. It will boost your rig, and make it a bit more comfy for ears. However this is my opinion